Recently, I was staying at a hotel for a legal training and I was surprised that they didn’t have a television within the room.
Now, it’s a key staple of most hotel rooms to have a TV (big or small) within the room for entertainment or “draw” value.
For a solid 2 hours, I was digging the retro-disconnect vibe…until I literally bumped into this covered thing on the wall.
Y’all. Hotel management had COVERED the TV and hid it. In PLAIN SIGHT.
Literally, out of sight. Out of mind. Until the guest needed it.
Got me thinking as to how we intentionally HIDE key aspects of our business, to ourselves. In plain sight. To AVOID it.
- Could it be skipping our monthly meeting with our bookkeeper OR avoiding the financial books, altogether?
- Or avoiding using contracts with our clients & vendors EVERY time, because it’s too hard to understand or administer?
- Or what if you don’t understand social media marketing, so you JUST DON’T DO IT. (Guilty as sin, of this one)
We’ve all done it. And, most likely WILL do it again, in the future. Sad facts.
But, consistent hiding and avoidance NEVER grew any business. Also, sad facts.
The key is understanding WHY we’re doing it….
Whether it’s not believing we’re capable of doing it, or afraid of the results if we actually DID IT. (Sounds unbelievable, right?)
THIS WEEK: Take a beat and:
Look at your calendar: What business meeting did you skip or avoid? WHY? Were you not ready? Did you reschedule?
Which emails have you been avoiding or glossing over (maybe this one?!) WHY? Did they hit too close?
What big aspect of your business have you been afraid of tackling? WHY? Did you need more information to begin?
Email us or book a call with us here to let us know.
APPLY: Whenever you’re ready, , here is how my team and I can help you grow your business this year:
- Join the private BIZTOCO Facebook group, a curated community exclusively for early-stage entrepreneurs. Learn from and connect with other founders as you grow your business. Click here to join (note: you must answer the questions in order to be considered).
- Apply for our START30 Virtual Accelerator for early stage entrepreneurs. You will create a solid legal and business foundation for your company in 30 days. Get all the details and apply up here.
- Work with me and my team privately. If you’d like to explore options on how my team can assist your business… just use this link to book a call…tell us about your business and what you’d like to improve, and we can get you options.
Have a great biz week,