Running and a business is like playing a board game, .But, which game are YOU – the business owner – really playing?
Are you playing CHESS?
- EXECUTING business decisions that ONLY contribute towards your final, exit strategy.
- Adopting the mentality of thinking X steps ahead to accomplish your goals. Utilizing and acting upon your active business plan (aka “Living document”) by making PROACTIVE moves and pivoting when necessary.
- Having an advisory board that holds your business goals accountable for this year and for your next 3-5 years (or lifeline of your business). Setting your foundation by incorporating your company, utilizing contracts with every business transaction and obtaining insurance to protect your assets.
- Effectively planning for emergencies by saving 3-6 months’ worth of future expenses.
Are you playing CHECKERS?
- THINKING of this fiscal year with 4 Quarters, only. Where you do have a business plan, but don’t look beyond this year or current quarter — or don’t even consult it at all.
- Have a vague idea of your exit strategy but are constantly pivoting with every negative outcome.
- Actively seeking opportunities to grow but, without following a targeted game plan outlining potential partners and collaborators.
- Some contracts are in place, but not for EVERY commercial transaction. Maybe you’ve incorporated your business into a company, and maybe you’ve got some commercial insurance.
- Maybe, you even have a simple Emergency Fund set up for anticipatory expenses.
Or are you playing CONNECT4?
- EXISTING in the immediate short-term for this month or next 4 weeks.
- Really only making REACTIVE moves and not proactively planning for the quarter or year with actionable Goals & Objectives outlined.
- Meeting payroll (or rent!) this period or only making deadlines to make your monthly targeted revenue.
- Not considering opportunities to expand or grow your clientele, revenue or impact.
- NOT protecting the assets or intellectual property in written agreements; incorporating your business; or obtaining commercial insurance.
- No Emergency Fund.
Honestly, ANY business owner can elevate their game.
So, what’s your move?
APPLY: Whenever you’re ready, let us know how my team and I can help you grow your business this year.
To your next step,